Anyone interested in working at Balranald Shire, (this could range from cleaners, administration, PCAs, gardeners, town maintenance, water/sewer), please fill out the Employment Application/Enquiry form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to Council offices during business hours.
Terms of Employment will be in accordance with the Councils salary and performance management systems and the NSW Local Government (State) Award.
Applications should be addressed to the General Manager, via email to email@example.com
Balranald Shire is full of surprises and when you come to the area you will be in awe of the contrasting landscapes and riverscapes which makes this area unique.
These distinctive settings includes the spectacular world heritage Mungo National Park, and the picturesque Yanga National Park.
Another unique feature of the shire is the five iconic rivers that flow and meander within the region making it an ideal area for fishing, camping, boating, canoeing, kayaking or just chilling on the banks.
Balranald has a buzzing retail strip which includes gift shops, clothes shops, homeware & hardware stores, chemist, butcher, various cafes and eateries, newsagency and grocery stores. It also has a bank, post office and numerous fuel stops. There are various sporting facilities including football and netball grounds, horse racing, swimming pool, golf course, tennis courts and bowling greens.
Balanald is home to Five Rivers, Balranald Shire Offers a unique lifestyle where water sport lovers are spoilt for choice and hikers and campers have the wonders of Mungo National Park at their doorstep. Steeped in history and with easy access to the regional hubs of Griffith and Mildura, Balranald Shrie is a place where community is front of mind and the Council is committed to the Shire’s long term future.
Balranald Shire is entering a period of growth through development of mineral sand mining, solar farms, horticulture, viticulture and tourism. To ensure Council is well positioned in moving forward through this exciting period Council is looking to expand its team and will list vacancies below when they are created or become available.
Balranald Shire Council employs on a merit based principle. Merit is gauged by how well you satisfy the selection criteria listed in the Position Description and is described as the relationship between the qualities required to do the job and the qualities that applicants bring to the job.
You will be required to supply the following;
Cover letter/Response to selection criteria
A cover letter should be a short introduction of yourself, why you applied for the position and any additional information you may believe is relevant or of importance. Your cover letter should also address the essential and desirable selection criteria.
Each position has essential and desirable selection criteria that are designed to ensure incumbents meet the inherent requirements of the job. Selection Criteria are based on the key accountabilities of the position and are listed in general order of priority. If you do not meet an essential selection criterion you may be excluded from further consideration for the position. The wording used in the selection criteria questions defines the necessary level of knowledge, skill or ability to do the job.
– Demonstrated means that you have actually performed the activity or used the skill in the past, rather than just the potential to do so.
– Knowledge of (or the ability to rapidly acquire the knowledge of) means that you already have the required knowledge, or you can provide examples of past situations which have required a rapid acquisition of knowledge.
– Thorough, sound or high level indicates that a more advanced level of knowledge or skill is required.
– It is important to note that when you are answering the selection criteria, you will need to state HOW and/or WHEN you met each aspect of the criterion, do not just state that you met the criterion, you must provide examples of how.
Council appoints on merit and therefore by demonstrating how you meet the essential and desirable criteria, it assists Council to gauge how well you meet the inherent requirements of the job in regard to your education, knowledge, skills and abilities.
A resumé should include the following;
– Your name, address, daytime contact details
– Employment history: Details of your work experience, stating the most recent first, including the position held, organisation you worked for, the period of employment (e.g. May 2005 – September 2007), and a brief outline of your responsibilities and the duties you performed
– Referees: Including the names, position titles, employer, and contact details of two recent work related referees (preferably your current or most recent manager/supervisor). It is important to remember to ask the referees whether they are willing to act as referees prior to supplying their details.
Post: The General Manager, Balranald Shire Council PO Box 120 BALRANALD NSW 2715
Hand: Deliver to Council Office, 70 Market Street, Balranald NSW 2715
Fax: 03 5020 1620 (please post your resume as well as faxing, as the quality of faxed documents may be impaired)
Positions with Council will be advertised in local newspapers, on the community noticeboard, council and job websites such as Seek as applicable. All applications must be submitted to Council by the closing date stated in the advertisement.
Applications must include a cover letter, including a response to the selection criteria, and a current resume.
Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications will be gauged on a merit basis.
Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a smoke free work environment.
Should you require any further information please contact Council on (03) 5020 1300.