Close this search box.

NSW/Victorian Border Zones


The following information regarding arrangements for movement across the NSW-Victoria border are now current:

  • Residents can check whether they are inside or outside the border zone by entering their address into the permit application section of the State Government’s COVID-19 website
  • Residents from within the border zone may travel to locations within the Victorian border zone and return without having to self-isolate, but only if they have a border permit and only for work or education (if that cannot be performed remotely).
  • ALL residents (whether living inside the border zone or not) may travel to a location within the Victorian border zone and return without having to self-isolate
  • There are a number of other types of permits for essential workers, details of these can also be obtained from the website.
  • Travel for any reason other than for medical, dental or veterinary services to areas of Victoria beyond the border zone will require self-isolation for 14 days on return to NSW.
  • For residents outside the border zone who require travel across the border to obtain essential supplies or services that cannot be obtained locally, a Remote Community Authority can be obtained by choosing this option in the permit application process; however this Authority is specific to a destination and a route of travel (for example to Swan Hill via Kyalite).
  • While Council staff are available to assist residents needing help with permits, Council can NOT issue these – applications must be made online.

For regular updates and more information, go to the State Government’s COVID-19 website [].

To view the border zone maps, click the links below:

Entire Border ZoneEastern Border ZoneCentral Border ZoneWestern Border Zone

To check if your address or the place you’re travelling to is in the border zone refer to the Service NSW website

More News